Best Oil Filled Radiator
Best Oil Filled Radiator
If you like your environment nice and warm it’s probably a good idea to get the best oil filled radiator.
To find the best oil filled radiator takes a lot of time. Luckily we have checked the best ones and bring you the best oil filled radiators of 2017
We totally understand the confusion that comes with deciding what type of heating source you would like to have in your living space in the cold months, and how it is such a huge task sifting through the various types of heating equipment from Electric fireplaces to traditional fireplaces , radiators and other forms of heating devices.
In some cases you are not sure whether you are more attracted to the design of these devices and how cool they will make your living space look or you don’t really care about aesthetics and are just looking for something that actually does heat the room up.
We will like to review some of the best heating devices in the market, especially the oil filled radiators.
These come with the sleekest designs, amazing features, and adaptable sizes, and most importantly they have proven to be very reliable and efficient sources of heat.
For those who are not familiar with oil filled radiators and cannot get to picture how they work; Oil filled radiators may look like the standard radiators you will usually find in older buildings, but these are smaller and quite different in how they operate.
Oil filled radiators may come in single panel designs or in a fin style, in which the fins are joined together with an open space between them.
They are fitted with a control panel where you can control the performance and output.
Electricity enters a resistor in the radiator which is converted into heat. The oil in the radiator gets warmed up and begins to circulate in the fins of the radiator, during which the heat is transferred to the fins with a larger surface area. This allows the heat to radiate into the surroundings (room). Due to the absence of fans, the oil filled radiators operate very quietly.
On with the reviews…
|Model||Image||Watts||Timer||Settings||Dimensions||Safety||Read Full Review||Score||Check Price|
|Prem-I-Air 2.5kW Model 11 Fin Oil Filled Radiator||2500||Yes||3 heat settings||65 x 16 x 52 cm||A safety cut out switch that turns itself off should the radiator begin to overheat.||Read Full Review||9.2|
|Futura 2KW Electric Oil Filled Radiator||2000||Yes||3 heat settings||62 x 46 x 15.5 cm||Fitted with an automatic thermostat with frost protection and overheat protection.||Read Full Review||8.8|
|De’Longhi Dragon 4 Oil Filled Radiator with Timer||2000||Yes||3 heat settings||44 x 16 x 65 cm||Elegant freestanding design with classic black finish with copper effect handles||Read Full Review||8.8|
|Vax ACH2V101 Power Heat Oil-Filled Radiator||2000||Yes||3 heat settings||63.5 x 24 x 44 cm||Smart Air thermostat regulates the temperature||Read Full Review||8.8|
|Futura Eco White 2.5kw Electric Oil Filled Radiator||2500||Yes||3 heat settings||n/a||Frost protection and overheat protection||Read Full Review||8.8|
|Dimplex 2 KW Electric Oil Filled Radiator with timer||2000||Yes||3 heat settings||44 x 29 x 63.5 cm||This radiator is fitted with a safety cut out switch to prevent overheating||Read Full Review||8.6|
|VonHaus 11 Fin 2500W Oil Filled Radiator||2500||Yes||3 heat settings||48 x 24 x 62.8 cm||Equipped with thermal cut off, safety tip over switch and automatic overheat protection||Read Full Review||8.6|
|Kingavon BB-OR110 7-Fin Slimline Oil Filled Radiator||1500||Yes||3 heat settings||58.2 x 38.2 x 13.6 cm||n/a||Read Full Review||8.6|
|Fine Elements Oil Filled Radiator||2000||Yes||3 heat settings||24.2 x 44.7 x 64.5 cm||Overheating safety cut out||Read Full Review||8.0|
|Great Value Company GVC Mini 5-Fin Oil Filled Radiator||650||No||1 heat setting||n/a||n/a||Read Full Review||7.8|
|Warmlite WL43003Y 7 Fin Tall Oil Filled Radiator||1500||No||3 heat settings||24 x 32 x 62.5 cm||Overheat protection mechanism||Read Full Review||7.8|
|1000||No||1 heat setting||24 x 25.5 x 54.5 cm||n/a||Read Full Review||7.8|
Choosing the Best Oil Filled Radiator
It is important to be well informed about most radiators before you purchase them, this is to avoid situations whereby you spend your money on a particular product only to find that it is totally out of place, too big or the heating capacity will not be enough to heat up your living space adequately.
Oil filled radiators have been found to be perfect for small spaces where there isn’t too much air to warm up, keep in mind that the radiators depend on convection currents to transfer heat to an area. Large spaces such as garages are not usually adequately insulated, leaving an avenue for heat to escape.
Best Oil Filled Radiator – Size
Size is one of the most important factors that should be considered when choosing the best oil filled radiator; this is the due to the fact that the size of the radiator will determine the amount of heat produced. Also, taking into consideration the size of the room before going out to purchase a radiator will save you plenty of time and help you avoid the mistake of purchasing a radiator which is either too big or too small. We encourage you take out your measuring tools and measure the dimensions of the room so you can calculate the heating requirement of the space. Having this information will save you a great deal of time and help you make the perfect choice.
Most of the oil filled radiators have product descriptions that give an idea of the size of the room that the heater can actually warm up. We advise that you purchase a radiator with the capacity to heat a room slightly larger than the space you are intending to heat.
Have an idea of the spot you would like the radiator be, this is so you can decide whether to go for a compact radiator if you do not have the luxury of space or a larger one if you do.
Best Oil Filled Radiator – Design
The design of an oil filled radiator will further give you more information to help you choose the best. The design in terms of features, user friendliness and mobility and safety as well as other features should be considered. We suggest that you pay attention to the safety features of the radiators to ensure that is safe while in use. Focusing on how the heating tubes and fins are designed is key, as longer tubes and wider fins ensure that heat is evenly distributed across a larger surface area. Radiators with taller fins are generally cooler to the touch than the small radiators.
You will need a mobile radiator if you will be moving it from room to room without having to lift and drag across the floor. Many oil filled radiators come with wheels that enable you to move them from place to place conveniently. Also keep an eye out for radiators with plastic handles on both or either end in order to safely move the radiators without having to hold on to the tubes or fins. Never move your radiators while they are still hot.
If style and looks is more important to you, you will find a number of designer oil filled radiators in the market that come with a variety of style features, some are wall mounted, while others come with a number of other fancy details.
Best Oil Filled Radiator – Material
Ensure that you are fully aware of the kind of material that your oil filled radiator is made of, you want a radiator that is durable and can stand the test of time and still maintain a good look and performance. There are hundreds of oil filled radiators to choose from, which have been made from a variety of materials, therefore your chances of finding the best radiator in this regard is higher if you have knowledge of the kinds of materials that are durable and of high quality.
Steel is a very good material for use in oil filled radiators, this is so, because it is strong and durable, easy to maintain and cleans, it will not rust. Some radiator manufacturers go the extra mile to keep the radiators free from rust by coating them with enamel. Enamel is a material that will not break off or flake, and is also very easy to clean and maintain.
Oil filled radiators usually do not require a great deal of maintenance, and the oil do not required replacement. This is due to the fact that the oils in the radiator do not undergo any form of combustion, but simply get heated and circulated through the tubes and fins of the radiator; hence remain the same throughout the lifetime of the device. If you notice any leakages while using an oil filled radiator, make sure you turn it off immediately, as this can be hazardous.
Now we shall move on to the benefits of oil filled radiators.
Benefits Of Oil Filled Radiators
Energy efficient – Oil filled radiators are known for saving energy and being environmentally friendly, those looking for heating devices with such qualities will find them in Oil filled radiators, which are great money savers as they consume lesser energy.
Portable –If you are looking for a very mobile and can be used temporarily in a given space, which can easily be moved from room to room, oil filled radiators are for you. They come with handles and wheels that enable you decide where you want them to be, making them very versatile.
Quiet operation – Many home owners opt for the oil filled radiators because they do not give off any sound, they operate quietly and smoothly. This is due to the design of the device which does not employ the use of fans. This makes oil filled radiators perfect for users who will like to have an extremely quiet space while having enough heat to keep the cold at bay, and also at offices where the sound of a fan blowing heat can be quite distracting.
Safety features – Most heating devices usually come with safety features, this is due to the heating nature, and most users want to feel a sense of safety. Oil filled radiators often come with sensors designed to cut off the heat, this can be thermostats fitted in the device, which is activated once the heat is exceeding the required level.
Compact design – For users with relatively small spaces, you will find that oil filled radiators come in very compact designs which allows them to fit in really small spaces without taking much space or causing any obstructions.
One of the best oil filled radiators in the market; the Prem-I-Air 2.5KW oil filled radiator comes with 11 fins and a whopping 2.5KW heat output.
When it comes to performance, the Prem-I-Air never disappoints.
This radiator comes with a thermostatically control which is also fitted with a frost protection setting.
You get to fully control the heat output by making use of the 3 levels adjustment settings, allowing you opt for a lower heat level if the maximum will make your space too hot.
The timer can also be set to go on and off in order to maintain the desired temperature of your living space.
The safety feature on this radiator ensures that overheating is avoided, the safety cut-out switch turns itself off once it detects that the temperature is above the safe level.
Prem-I-Air 2.5kW Model 11 Fin Oil Filled Radiator Features
- This radiator is thermostatically controlled; it is also fitted with a frost protection feature.
- Features 3 heat level settings that allow you determine how warm you want your space.
- The timer can also be set to go on and off in order to maintain the desired temperature of your living space.
- The safety feature on this radiator ensures that overheating is avoided, the safety cut-out switch turns itself off once it detects that the temperature is above the safe level.
- Comes with a price guide which helps you monitor energy consumption
- Keeps the room warm for about 30 minutes after its been switched off
- Puts out an impressive amount of heat
- Easy to move from room to room
- Can be quite noisy
- Some defects and damages on delivery
Prem-I-Air 2.5kW Model 11 Fin Oil Filled Radiator Product Details
- Brand: Prem-I-Air
- Model Number: EH1364
- Item Weight: 15 Kg
- Product Dimensions: 65 x 16 x 52 cm
- Power / Wattage: 2500 watts
- Voltage: 230 volts
- Special Features: Thermostat
Prem-I-Air 2.5kW Model 11 Fin Oil Filled Radiator Conclusion
This excellent radiator does exactly what it is required to do; it delivers an amazing performance and is a great value purchase.
Suitable for both large and mid-sized spaces and distributes heat pretty well.
This is a feature that we consider very important especially in homes with kids and pets.
A low surface radiator reduces the risks of injuries while producing the heat required to warm up the room.
Frost and overheat protection as well as automatic thermostats are features that we find impressive on the Futura.
The Futura 2kw oil filled radiator comes in a very sleek design and operates very silently, which makes it perfect for office spaces.
This radiator is ideal for all types of living spaces from bungalows to caravans and small offices.
Futura 2KW Electric Oil Filled Radiator Features
- Comes with an overheat protection features that shuts the unit down when it reaches a certain temperature.
- Features a n anti-frost mechanism.
- This radiator comes with an automatic thermostat, which is one of its most impressive features.
- The Futura 2kw oil filled radiator comes in a very sleek design and operates very silently, which makes it perfect for office spaces.
- Easy to operate
- Delivers a great amount of heat
- The thermostat works pretty well
- The timer tends to become faulty and inaccurate after some time
- heat distribution was quite inefficient
Futura 2KW Electric Oil Filled Radiator – Product Details
- Brand: Futura
- Colour: White
- Item Weight: 8 Kg
- Product Dimensions: 62 x 46 x 15.5 cm
- Power / Wattage: 2000 watts
Futura 2KW Electric Oil Filled Radiator Conclusion
The Futura has amazing features which makes it the best value for your money radiator.
It’s energy saving feature makes it energy efficient, it is a low maintenance radiator which is designed with durability in mind.
This radiator is a decent product and is worth your consideration.
The Dragon 4 comes in brilliant-white finish, adding to its sleek style, and a clean design which makes it a perfect fit for any home and office: providing that extra touch of class, finesse and style.
De’Longhi Dragon 4 Oil Filled Radiator Features
- The Dragon 4 directs air through the chimney, such that cold air is passed through the hottest part of the radiator. The air is then accelerated through the vents and warms up the room in the shortest time.
- The enlarged fin on the radiator provides a larger surface for radiation. This ensures faster air flow and a more effective performance by the chimney feature.
- The radiator warms up the room through convection and radiation with a total output of 2000W and 3 heat levels.
- The Dragon 4 comes fitted with a thermostat that regulates the temperature.
- Features an anti-frost function and a safety cut out to prevent overheating.
- When it comes to the radiators that heats the air the fastest, we think the Dragon 4 takes the lead in this aspect.
- Comes with multiple functions
- Warms up small to mid-sized spaces rather quickly
- Great value
- Could get really hot
- Gives off an unpleasant smell
De’Longhi Dragon 4 Oil Filled Radiator Product Details
- Brand: De’Longhi
- Model Number: TRD4 0820T
- Colour: White
- Item Weight: 15 Kg
- Product Dimensions: 44 x 16 x 65 cm
- Power / Wattage: 2000 watts
- Voltage: 240 volts
- Auto Shutoff: No
De’Longhi Dragon 4 Oil Filled Radiator Conclusion
The De’Longhi Dragon 4 comes with all the right features that will catch the attention of all kinds of users. This product is a great value product and it is worth every penny of your investment.
Another high performing oil filled radiator that you should consider is the Vax ACH2V101 Power Heat Oil-Filled Radiator.
This radiator offers a great amount of heat to keep you warm, and is quiet and very effective.
You can adjust the amount of heat to suit your needs; also, it comes with features that help you save energy.
Vax ACH2V101 Power Heat Oil-Filled Radiator Features
- The Vax radiator has an output of 2000 W, supplying enough heat to heat your home.
- It is portable and comes with castors that allow you to move it from room to room. It is suitable for rooms up to 45 m square.
- Features a 24 hour timer that helps you set how long you want the heater to work, thus helping you save energy.
- There is a Smart Air thermostat that automatically shuts the radiator down to maintain your desired temperature.
- It comes with an attractive design
- Provides a good amount heat
- Some users have complained that the heater trips off before the room is well heated
Vax ACH2V101 Power Heat Oil-Filled Radiator Product Details
- Three heat settings – minimum, medium and maximum heat.
- Thermostat – monitors temperature of room.
- On board cord storage.
- Portable heating.
- Perfect for rooms up to 45 m².
- 24 hour timer.
Vax ACH2V101 Power Heat Oil-Filled Radiator Conclusion
The Vax Power Heater is definitely a great way to keep your home warm. It does exactly what it is designed to do.
If you are looking for a versatile radiator that comes with many features, the Futura Eco White 2.5kw Electric Oil Filled Radiator is a great choice.
It has a compact build that allows you to fit it in any room in your home, except the bathroom.
It is designed to give a solid performance, while maintaining safety standards.
Futura Eco White 2.5kw Electric Oil Filled Radiator Features
- The radiator is permanently sealed and will not need to be refilled because it is filled with diathermic oil.
- Its silent operation makes it suitable for use in the bedroom.
- It has an output power of 2500 W, which is ideal for a variety of spaces.
- Comes with an automatic thermostat, as well as a 24 hr timer that allows you to determine how long you need the heater to be on.
- Features 3 heat settings: 1000 W, 1500 W, and 2500 W.
- There are added features such the frost protection and over heat protection.
- It is not so hot on the surface, which makes it very safe
- It is quite powerful and heats things up nice and quickly
- The timer tends to malfunction
Futura Eco White 2.5kw Electric Oil Filled Radiator Product Details
- 2500W heating power
- 3 Heat Settings: 1000W / 1500W / 2500W
- Automatic Thermostat & 24Hr timer (15min increments)
- Frost Protection & Overheat Protection
- Cable tidy for easy storage
- Easily portable by the way of the castors
Futura Eco White 2.5kw Electric Oil Filled Radiator Conclusion
This radiator is ideal for a variety of spaces. If you live in an apartment, cottage, caravans, and lofts. This radiator is suitable.
The Dimplex 2KW oil filled radiator is the product for you.
The radiator comes finished in neutral white; it is free standing and will fit in any living area you intend to use it, and also in offices.
Dimplex 2 KW Electric Oil Filled Radiator Features
- The Dimplex has a thermostat control and a frost setting.
- You get a 2 heat settings that provide you with the freedom to determine the temperature of your room.
- This oil filled radiator has a 24 hour timer which is programmable and helps you save energy.
- The Dimplex also features a safety cut off switch to avoid overheating.
- The easy glide castors and carry handles gives you better options for use, as you are able to move the radiator to where it is needed.
- The timer is great for reducing time of usage thereby saving energy
- Heats up very quickly
- Comes with a 3 years guarantee
- Really short cable
- The LED lights tend to be too bright and can disrupt sleep
Dimplex 2 KW Electric Oil Filled Radiator Product Details
- Brand: Dimplex
- Model Number: OFC2000TI
- Colour: White
- Item Weight: 11 Kg
- Product Dimensions: 44 x 29 x 63.5 cm
- Power / Wattage: 2000 watts
Dimplex 2 KW Electric Oil Filled Radiator Conclusion
This radiator is good buy if you are trying to stay warm through the cold months without having to invest so much, it is durable and designed to last. Comes with a 3 years guarantee, which is something to consider.
The VonHaus oil filled radiator is a high performing radiator with a stylish design, and is a very effective way to keep your homes and offices warm through the winter.
The radiator has 11 oil-filled fins which makes it suitable for large to mid-sized rooms.
The safety features on this radiator are quite impressive and gives the impression that safety is a major focus of the manufacturers.
VonHaus 11 Fin 2500W Oil Filled Radiator Features
- You can control the heat levels using the 3 power setting. The adjustable thermostat helps maintain the desired temperature.
- This radiator comes with a 24 hour timer that allows you determine what time of day you want it to operate.
- The safety features include a safety tip over switch, a thermal cut off and an automatic overheat protection system.
- This free standing radiator is fitted with easy glide castors for easy manoeuvrability.
- Comes with 3 safety features
- Extended 2years warranty
- Lightweight and easy to move around
- Gives of adequate heat within a short period
- Faulty timer
- Sometimes makes a loud clicky noise
VonHaus 11 Fin 2500W Oil Filled Radiator Product Details
- Brand: VonHaus
- Model Number: 14/047
- Item Weight: 11 Kg
- Product Dimensions: 48 x 24 x 62.8 cm
- Power/wattage: 2500W
VonHaus 11 Fin 2500W Oil Filled Radiator Conclusion
If you very concerned about safety of oil filled radiators and you want a product that gives you enough guarantee on safety, the VonHaus oil filled radiator is the perfect product for you.
With 3 safety features, the VonHaus guarantees safety and prevents overheating of your radiator.
We recommend this radiator if you have a large room to heat.
The Kingavon BB-OR110 is a 7- fin slimline oil filled radiator with a modern touch.
It comes in a black finish that adds to the aesthetics of your home.
Its first impression is its sophisticated appearance, but it does offer a great deal of performance.
This radiator is an affordable way of supplying your home with enough heat to fight off the cold.
Kingavon BB-OR110 7-Fin Slimline Oil Filled Radiator Features
- Features an attractive black finish that adds a sophisticated look.
- Comes with an adjustable thermostat that allows you to set your preferred temperature.
- It has 3 heat settings that be selected using the simple controls that are fitted.
- It has a cord and plug storage that help keep things tidy and clutter free.
- It is portable and very easy to clean and maintain.
- It looks nice and has a sleek design
- It operates quietly and is very efficient
- Heats up the room very quickly
- Not great for large spaces
Kingavon BB-OR110 7-Fin Slimline Oil Filled Radiator Product Details
- Heat output: 1500 W
- Voltage: 230V-50Hz
- 7 fins
- 3 heat settings
- Cord and plug storage
- 58.2 x 38.2 x 13.6 cm
Kingavon BB-OR110 7-Fin Slimline Oil Filled Radiator Conclusion
This radiator will make a great addition to your living room or office, its black colour and slim profile.
If you are looking for a little more than heat, then you should consider this radiator.
The Fine Elements oil filled radiator comes in a sleek design that blends with your home.
It not only is aesthetically appealing, but does exactly what it was designed to do, warming up your home.
This radiator features quite a number of features that make it even more effective and high performing.
Fine Elements Oil Filled Radiator Features
- There are 3 heat settings to choose from, 800W, 1200W, and 2000W.
- Comes with an overheating safety cut out that keeps the radiator within the suitable heating limits.
- This radiator operates quietly.
- Comes with casters that enable you move the radiator to your preferred location.
- The unit comes with cable storage that keeps your living space tidy and not cluttered with cables.
- Heats up spaces up to 20 ms.q.
- Good quality for its price
- Does a great job with warming up the room
- Some users have a few complaints about leaking
Fine Elements Oil Filled Radiator Product Details
- 3 heat settings
- Overheating safety
- 24.2 x 44.7 x 64.5 cm
- Oil Filled Radiator 2000w
- Thermostat Control
- Cable Tidy
- Portable – Includes Casters for easy Movement
- Maintenance Free
Fine Elements Oil Filled Radiator Conclusion
This radiator offers great value that is worth your investment.
Apart from a few cases of leaking, the Fine Element radiator is generally a decent one.
The Word ‘Cute’ best describes the GVC mini 5-fin oil filled radiator.
This radiator features a very compact design, with an appearance that suggests that it is lightweight.
It does a great job with heating up small spaces due to its power output.
Thus if you are looking for a portable device that supply a reasonable amount of heat, the GVC Mini is the perfect radiator.
Great Value Company GVC Mini 5-Fin Oil Filled Radiator Features
- It comes fitted with an adjustable thermostat that regulates the performance of the radiator.
- It comes with simple controls, making it extremely easy to operate.
- When working, it is very quiet and does does not give off any irritating sounds.
- It features an integrated handle that allows you move it to wherever you want without any stress.
- It has only one heat setting, all you need to do is put the radiator on and it goes to work.
- It comes with 5 fins.
- Very easy to maintain
- It is very affordable
- Not suitable for large rooms
Great Value Company GVC Mini 5-Fin Oil Filled Radiator Product Details
- Adjustable thermostat.
- 1 Heat setting.
- Simple control.
- Integrated carry handle.
- Integral cord and plug storage when not in use.
Great Value Company GVC Mini 5-Fin Oil Filled Radiator Conclusion
This mini oil filled radiator is very portable and ideal for people who live in small homes or apartments.
The Warmlite Tall Oil Filled Radiator is an effective and affordable way of heating up your home.
It’s profile offers a large surface area that produces radiant heat.
And it also maintains a constant temperature wherever it is being used.
The Warmlite radiator is a perfect solution against the cold weather.
Warmlite WL43003Y 7 Fin Tall Oil Filled Radiator Features
- The easily adjustable thermostat allows you to choose from three temperature outputs. You can choose between 600 W, 900 W and 1500 W.
- Features 7 heating fins that provide a larger surface area for heat radiation.
- Comes fitted with an overheating protection system that regulates the heat of the radiator. This system also gives you peace of mind knowing that it will never get overheated.
- Comes with a 2 years warranty.
- Heats up small spaces quickly and quite well
- Offers great value for your money
- Can be knocked over rather easily due to its lightweight
Warmlite WL43003Y 7 Fin Tall Oil Filled Radiator Product Details
- Three power output settings – 600 W, 900 W and 1500 W
- Green environmental conducting oil
- Overheat protection system
- Adjustable thermostat
- Comes with a 2 year guarantee
Warmlite WL43003Y 7 Fin Tall Oil Filled Radiator Conclusion
If you live in a small flat or room, you will definitely enjoy the performance of this radiator.
The Daewoo Fine Elements Radiator is great for warming up small spaces like offices.
It is also great for small living spaces and bedrooms. It is portable and very easy to operate.
Daewoo Fine Elements Oil Filled Radiator Features
- Comes with 1 heating mode making it simple for people like the elderly.
- Lightweight so easy to move around.
- Lightweight so easy to move
- Easy to use
- Some users complained it was faulty and didn’t work
Daewoo Fine Elements Oil Filled Radiator Product Details
- 1 Heat Setting
- Oil Filled Radiator 1000w
- Adjustable thermostat
Daewoo Fine Elements Oil Filled Radiator Conclusion
This radiator does the job. It may not be the best of the best but it can heat a small room and only comes with 1 heat setting so it’s not that complicated to use.